Out of School and Summer Care
AppleTree is the community’s only full-time, year-round, provider of after school care. Last year’s summer program focused on preventing the loss of academic gain. Certified teachers provided hands on activities that aided in the development of literacy and mathematic skills. Reading is Fundamental (RIF) also continued in full swing as AppleTree partnered with the Sierra County Jr. Women’s Club. The Kiwanis club added a new level of excitement with fun-filled activities and animated reading during book distributions. Last year three free books were given to children from age three until third grade. Last summer was packed with music, art, swimming, field trips, and more due to the funding provided by the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) grant.
More on Out of School and Summer Care
7:00 AM – 6:00 PM when school is out of session and summer months year-round.
Care is free for:
- Teen moms
- TANF and New Mexico Works participants
- Foster parents
- Grandparents with temporary guardianship
- Families living under 100% of the poverty level
- To provide support for families from our community and from the surrounding county.
- To show an attitude of love and concern that will permeate all we say and do, so that positive attributes can become an integrated part of daily life for the children.
Why Choose Us?
- AppleTree is the only full-time, year-round provider of care in the area.
- AppleTree is an inclusive setting that serves children with special needs.
- Our fees and tuition are based on a sliding fee scale.